Monday, March 7, 2011

The Finished Product....and some bloggie stuff

I made my Pain de Mie in 2 standard loaf pans, which I haven't done for awhile.  Recently, I've been baking just one loaf (in a standard pan).  If you want sandwich size bread slices, then use just one pan and you will get a great rectangle.  All flat on top, which makes me feel like a bakery.  Either way, it's delicious and I can almost hear Julia "....you've really got to slap that dough rectangle around", as if she and I were in the kitchen together.
As I mentioned yesterday, if you want a crusty rustic loaf, this isn't it.  But I know where you can find one!  Trot on over to see Terry at Moss and Clover http://mossandclover.blogspot.com/2011/03/yummy-ymmy-in-my-tummy.html
That bread is so delicious!  And so easy!

Now to bloggie stuff:  I'm trying to reduce the size of my header, learn to take better pictures and in general learn a bunch of new crap.  I'll figure it out, but it might take me a day or two.  Today I'm going to try and make a button.  Whatever that is.  Bear with me while I learn.  I'd love to have you stick around!  I've got some Manor remodeling tales that will curl your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment