Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Some Craft....

I did a teeny bit of crafting today. I've been inspired by all the spring stuff I've been seeing around the internets.  I'm all refreshed after a lovely weekend at the coast with some lovely women, so I put together some things that have been on my mind.  One of them SO didn't work out, and when I recover from the hilarious humiliation I may let you see it.
As I mentioned before, this is Princess Pooalot's first Easter and when I saw this and knew Princess P had to have something similar.  Char used her Silhouette.  I have one, but we're not that friendly yet.  Every time I use it, it's like it's the first time I've seen it and it takes me three times as long  to accomplish anything.  So I decided to try the more labor intensive and more familiar route.

I had a piece of this chenille-ish fabric and I thought it would make perfect chicks.  I free-handed a chick-like creature for a template/pattern (what's the difference?)  You can see that I was having second thoughts about the size of my chick as I cut it out.  I'm glad I did, it turned out to be a really nice size on the little onesie.  After cutting it out, I pinned the chenille chick to a freshly pressed onesie with about 75 pins (I thought I had some Wonder Under, but couldn't find it) and sewed a zigzag stitch around it, as to applique. Well, yeah it was actually an applique. Since I was attaching a woven to a knit, I used a fairly wide zigzag stitch, not wanting to add a bunch of thread to the onesie.

I decided to use a stencil and fabric paint for the letters.  I mentioned my fear of my Silhouette, right?  In the end, I think I should have gotten over myself and tried the Silhouette. Still, I'm pretty happy with the results...
I think Princess Pooalot will like it, too.  I love it when they're still so young that they have to wear the stuff I make them.

I also had the opportunity to put another idea together.  Whilst I was away this weekend, my dear Earl did the laundry.  ALL the laundry.  Even that which should have gone to the cleaners.
So, yeah.  Here's my sweater.  I shouldn't wear horizontal stripes anyway.  But Princess P can...

Baby legs!

Here's a peek at another project as it begins...
We'll see how this turns out.

All in all, a good day at the Manor, I must say.


Thank you for your kind comments!  It means so much to hear from you.
I linked here:
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. how come I didn't know you have a silhouette? I was going to suggest we go in on one together!! So....I can buy the vinyl and you'll make the stuff, right?? LOL!!
    BTW-Love the onesie!! And the baby legs!!!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you; I gave you an award today. I know it’s a silly thing, but I just wanted you to know how much I love what you're doing!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute chicks and stenciling! Can't wait to see where the project you're beginning goes because I have a bunch of ribbon/fabric scraps that I don't know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete