As I mentioned before, this is Princess Pooalot's first Easter and when I saw this and knew Princess P had to have something similar. Char used her Silhouette. I have one, but we're not that friendly yet. Every time I use it, it's like it's the first time I've seen it and it takes me three times as long to accomplish anything. So I decided to try the more labor intensive and more familiar route.
I had a piece of this chenille-ish fabric and I thought it would make perfect chicks. I free-handed a chick-like creature for a template/pattern (what's the difference?) You can see that I was having second thoughts about the size of my chick as I cut it out. I'm glad I did, it turned out to be a really nice size on the little onesie. After cutting it out, I pinned the chenille chick to a freshly pressed onesie with about 75 pins (I thought I had some Wonder Under, but couldn't find it) and sewed a zigzag stitch around it, as to applique. Well, yeah it was actually an applique. Since I was attaching a woven to a knit, I used a fairly wide zigzag stitch, not wanting to add a bunch of thread to the onesie.
I decided to use a stencil and fabric paint for the letters. I mentioned my fear of my Silhouette, right? In the end, I think I should have gotten over myself and tried the Silhouette. Still, I'm pretty happy with the results...
I think Princess Pooalot will like it, too. I love it when they're still so young that they have to wear the stuff I make them.
I also had the opportunity to put another idea together. Whilst I was away this weekend, my dear Earl did the laundry. ALL the laundry. Even that which should have gone to the cleaners.
So, yeah. Here's my sweater. I shouldn't wear horizontal stripes anyway. But Princess P can...
Here's a peek at another project as it begins...
We'll see how this turns out.
All in all, a good day at the Manor, I must say.
Thank you for your kind comments! It means so much to hear from you.
I linked here: